What is Design Protection?
In the UK, some design works are automatically protected under Unregistered Design Rights but registering your design offers you broader protection.
Registering your design will:
- Protect your design from being copied by unauthorised third parties
- Protect any aspect of your design’s appearance, physical shape, configuration and decoration
- Give you rights preventing others from using it for up to 25 years
- Make legal action against infringement less complicated
- Protect two-dimensional designs such as graphics, textiles and wallpaper